Dry Cough - Cough Medicine During PregnancyIs often said that one should not suffer from any respiratory illness such as common cold or cough during pregnancy. This is because the medicine that one uses for treatment can influence the baby's health. Pregnant women are extremely worried to take any medicine as they are concerned about its effects on the baby. Their concern is indeed feasible as it is observed that certain medications used for the treatment for cough can harm the fetus. .
Caution Always keep in mind these cough medications which provide temporary relief have to be used for a maximum of 2-3 days. Using it for a longer duration is certainly not advisable. Also, these are over the counter cough medicines and can be purchased without prescription. However, "oil pulling" the doctor is extremely important, so as to know the exact dosage of these medications. Never be reluctant to admit that you don't know. There is no one who knows everything. So if you don't know much about Dry Cough, all that has to be done is to read up on it!
- Cough As we all know, coughing during a lung infection is the body's way of throwing out the accumulated mucus in the respiratory tract.
- In such cases, buying a medicine that contains an expectorant can help to expel the built up mucus in the lungs.
- On the other hand dry cough is treated with a medication containing suppressants, that are known to suppress the cough.
- Variety is the spice of life.
- So we have added as much variety as possible to this matter on Dry Cough to make it's reading relevant, and interesting!
- Mucinex This is yet another FDA approved medicine that can provide a considerable amount of relief from chest congestion during pregnancy.
- This is one ingredient medication and contains guaifenesin.
- Guaifenesin is basically an expectorant that helps in thinning mucus secretions, which can be easily expelled through coughing.
Hytuss This cough medicine is available in a capsule form and also helpful to bring down the cough. It contains only guaifenesin which can relieve the discomfort associated with unproductive cough. The accumulation of sticky mucus in the lungs as a result of cold or flu, acute bronchitis statistics. The guaifenesin ingredient in Hytuss, is quite effective to thin the mucus, so that it can be coughed up easily. Every cloud has a silver lining; so consider that this article on Lungs to be the silver lining to the clouds of articles on Lungs. It is this article that will add more spice to the meaning of Lungs.
Is observed that taking cough medication that contain antihistamines or iodine are not safe in pregnant women. Even prescription cough medicines contain either dextromethorphan or guaifenesin. On the whole, remember that the overdose of any cough syrup can cause health problems in the unborn baby. So as a precautionary measure, one should first contact a health care provider to know which cough medicine is FDA approved and safe during pregnancy.